Last updated: 2nd May 2021
Latest Local Covid 19 Update From Chris Cornell
I hope you are all looking forward to a relaxing Bank Holiday Monday. Here’s you top ten this week:
1. Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust are reminding over 40s they can now book vaccine appointments. Whitstable Medical Practice are working through over 45s.
2. Canterbury City Council are reminding you all that bin collections are pushed back a day with the bank holiday
3. Kent County Council are on Thursday. Watch the little video at https://loom.ly/_zNhk2I to see how your polling station will be different. Bring your own pencil. It you are self isolating you can register for a proxy up until 5pm on Wednesday
4. Canterbury has been announced as one of the top local authorities to receive funding from the governments Levelling Up Fund. Rosie Duffield MP has a survey out on what you think the money should be spent on
5. Canterbury Housing Advice Centre have restarted their Thursday advice sessions at the Whitstable Umbrella Community Centre
6. The Umbrella Café reopens tomorrow but will still be closed Wednesday for it’s Social
pantry project. SNAAP (Special Needs Advisory & Activities Project) are restarting their drop ins.
7. Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable are looking for someone to coach their Walking Football initiative
8. The planned closure of the play area at Whitstable Castle has been pushed back for a week. The refurb now starts on 10th May
9. RNLI Whitstable Lifeboat Station crew are walking a mile in full kit every in May as part
of RNLI The Mayday Mile Please support them if you can
10. Public Protection - Kent have announced new guidance for people running summer events this week
As always I’m available on email at where I respond to people regardless of their political affiliation or interest.
However I was elected as a Labour councillor and think my friend Naomi Smith would be a fantastic new County Councillor if you want to lend her your vote. Whoever you do choose, please vote on Thursday - local politics do matter.
Please let's keep the community spirit flowing.
Be safe and take care from the team at WBR.